Tuesday, 27 January 2015

A cliché and belated 'hello' to 2015

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or so they say. I'm sure that only works when you have someone to miss you though, and I'm pretty certain that no one actually misses my drivel. But if you do read these... hello, I miss you too.

Just as I was getting into my writing again, I had a mishap involving my laptop and a steep height. It was gory. After a dramatic Apple experience (I fainted in the shop - too much excitement?), I walked away with a Macbook, so now we're back on track. Finding the time to actually sit down and write since my purchase has been easier said than done though. I find that my creative juices are far from flowing after a 12 hour working day, however, at the moment I'm on jury service and there's nothing to relieve a creative drought quite like sitting in a waiting room for 7 hours.

All the waiting has given me time to think, or more so, confirm what I already knew. Not to sound all "2015 is my YEAR - I'm going to 'forfil' my dreams" (FULFIL.), but it is time to make some changes:

1) I want to move to London. I'm not the sort of girl to live the quiet life in the country; I like the hustle and bustle. Not that I even live remotely near the countryside, in fact I live just outside London, but I want to be immersed in it. I love to people watch - that'll be a mixture of the Psychology degree and a slightly judgemental attitude - and I take my inspiration from my experiences and the people around me.

2) I want a career change. At the moment, my job doesn't inspire me, but then I hear literally EVERYBODY say that. We're a generation of bored individuals. Geek alert: I love to learn, I love to write and there are so many things that do inspire me. My aim is to move towards a career which incorporates these things. And in London, definitely in London.

3) I am voicing some heavy clichés right now but you guessed it, I want to get fit again. I won't dwell on this because I'm pretty motivated when it comes to health and fitness, but I had to stop gyming under doctor's orders. I've been eating an apple a day, so goodbye doctor, let's do this.

4)  My aim not so long ago was to take a year off and travel the world, but it's strange how your priorities change, and I've shifted to a focus on career. My thirst for travel will never wane though, so my POA is to work hard all week and plan trips for the weekends. I have a looong, long list of places in Europe I want to see, and as soon as this damn jury service is over, I'm planning my first trip of 2015.

5) THIS. Yes, I need to start blogging more. And I will.



In general, it will be a year of new experiences. My New Year's resolution last year was to worry less and to say "yes" to every opportunity (within reason...), and I think it's a good one to carry forward to year numero 2.

If I fail at everything else (here's to positivity), number five will definitely happen, so watch this space.

3 comments:

  1. Very cliché 😉 but still a great post.I need to do everything on your list except 1 & well 2 because I already live in London and I'm still a student, thanks for the much needed wake up call

    unefillemorderne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cliché for a reason I guess! Glad you liked :)

      Delete